A Praying Life Seminar
Learning to Pray in a Distracting WorldMissio Dei Chruch Huntington, WV
Friday & Saturday, January 10 -11, 2014
Many of us are quietly defeated in our private prayer lives. We’ve tried praying, but it just doesn’t seem to work. So we feel a combination of frustration and guilt. In this seminar, we will learn step-by-step how to begin a private life of prayer in fellowship with our heavenly Father. This seminar is not for victorious Christians, but Christians defeated in the trenches, asking… How do I focus when I’m distracted with so much to do? How do I pray longer than five minutes? How do I ask when I’ve tried it before and it doesn’t work?
Delving into our frustrations, we look at Jesus’ powerful, yet simple teachings on prayer. We practice becoming child-like, patterning after Jesus’ own teaching and style of praying. We learn to ask our Father anything – with eyes wide open to the story he is creating in our lives. Further practical tools and helps are explained and demonstrated. Throughout the sessions people have time to pray, making real what they learned.
A Praying Life Seminar Endorsements
“Your teachings on prayer were the best I have heard. Most importantly, I have begun to pray more and more effectively. God is continuing to teach me about conversing with Him. Thank you for this precious gift.”
— Bill Mauney, Elder & VP of Retail Management, Great Outdoor Provision Co.
“It was very freeing. I feel excited about prayer—it’s no longer a restricted activity, but a place where I can be honest before God.”
— Cheri Villafuerte, San Diego, CA
“I loved the down-to-earth honesty about what keeps us from praying. I received intensely practical advice and application. The prayer times were great!”
— Rev. Craig McClain, Henderson Hills Baptist Church, Edmond, OK
Cost and Registration
- $20.00 per person, includes participants materials & continental breakfst
- You may register online at www.missio.cc/announcements
- In order to make sure there are enough materials for all in attendance please register at least one week in advance.
Date, Time and Location
- Check-In: Friday, Jan 10th – 6: 15pm
- Seminar: Friday, Jan. 10th – 7pm-9pm; Saturday, Jan. 11th – 9am-12:30pm
- Continental Breakfast: Saturday, Jan. 11th – 8:30am
- Hosted by Missio Dei Church, 26 Pullman Square, suite 207, Huntington, WV 25701, 304-691-0064, www.missio.cc