In 1956, God called a group of believers to start a new church in the residential area of Pea Ridge in Huntington, W.Va. This group was connected to the West Virginia Baptist Convention, which had spent time researching the need for a new church in the area. These believers began meeting each week in a local elementary school and established themselves as Pea Ridge Baptist Church. They continued to meet at the school for almost two years, until a building was prepared at the church’s current address of 5945 East Pea Ridge Road.
Over the years, the people of Pea Ridge Baptist have followed God’s leading as they sought to grow in Him and reach others with His love. We continue to do so today with a renewed emphasis on being led by the Holy Spirit, coming together in prayer and going out into our community to share the love of Jesus.